The Ponti stand is a uniquely designed ergonomic device that allows one to quickly and easily alternate from sitting to standing at one’s computer. This is proven to be extremely beneficial to one’s health, productivity, and well being.
The health benefits are significant, and include many areas such as:
- Improved blood circulation and cardio health
- Reduction in mid section fat and reduction of fat around internal organs, leading to overall weight loss
- Improved concentration and productivity
- Improved muscle strength, especially in lower back, hips and legs
- Increase in metabolism
- Improvement in mood and general feeling of well being
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced risk of diabetes and cholesterol related problems
- Decrease in risk of strokes and heart attacks
- Reduced risk of premature death
There are many articles on trusted & respected medical websites such as the Mayo Clinic which discuss the health problems of sitting too much.
One can simply Google “sitting too much” to bring up vast amounts of information related to this problem. Many Doctors are increasingly referring to it as the “new smoking disease” of the century. This is due to our change in lifestyle, which has resulted in more and more people sitting all day in front of computers.
The Ponti stand is extremely versatile, and can be adjusted to many different positions, angles and heights. It is made from durable steel, which is powder coated with chromed sections. The keyboard stand has two large felt mousepads, for left and right handed people (which are removable), or to be used for simply resting your hand, or placing documents on.
The stand carries a full two year guarantee. The keyboard stand is designed to hold keyboards, as well as laptops (separate laptop brackets required) The monitor stand is designed to hold monitors that have the four mounting holes at the back, and also monitors without the mounting holes, by means of a “cradle” which is adjustable to hold a wide range of sizes.
- How long should one stand for ?
Ideally one should not sit for more than 1 hour at a time. One should then stand for as long as it is comfortable, starting with 30 minutes and gradually increasing this until one is tired of standing.
- How long does it take to get fully accustomed to using the Ponti stand ?
It can take between 3 – 10 days of getting used to working while standing. During this time, one may experience some lower back and leg muscle ache. This is normal, as these muscles need to strengthen accordingly. This eventually improves and goes away.
- What if I don’t like using it after trying it for several days ?
The Ponti stand comes with a 60 day return policy for a full refund. Please see the returns policy for details.
- Will it help me lose weight ?
The Ponti stand helps to increase your metabolism, and exercise muscles you wouldn’t normally use as much whilst at work. It also helps reduce mid section fat, as well as fat accumulated around internal organs. This assists in weight loss.